Saturday, June 1, 2013

My little rose tree

Ever since I was a little girl and saw Alice in Wonderland for the first time, I have wanted to have a rose tree. Last week we were at a garden center, looking at magnolia trees; when I turned around, there it was, my rose tree. 

I got so excited. There it was, my childhood garden dream right before my eyes! So Tom picked it up, and brought it home for me. However, they told us, when we bought it, not to expect many blossom this year. Which was fine with me, I can be patient.

On Wednesday night, Tom decided that next to the rose tree was an appropriate place to bury the baby. I agreed. And we preformed a midnight burial.

Today, I went out side for the first time since Wednesday (I lost a lot of blood, and can't really walk well, but Tom helped walk around the yard). A single red rose has blossomed on the tree, right above the baby. The boys now call the tree the Baby Tree.

I think I will always love this tree.

5 comments:

Toshia said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. That is a beautiful rose tree and what a tender mercy from our Heavenly Father that it would bloom over your sweet little babe. You are in my thoughts always.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Im so sorry. I had no idea Rosie. Thinking of your family.

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Rosie, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. What a sweet way to remember your baby! Sending positive and healing vibes your way. Love ya!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanna said...

Rosie & Tommy, I am so sorry about your loss. We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do ease the hurt. We love you! Love, Joanna, Trevor, & family.