Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Fun

I can honestly say that Memorial Day is one of my favorite holidays. It is right up there with Christmas. It is the one day of the year that the entire Strong Family sets aside to be together. I am talking more than my siblings (which they do as well), but my cousins, my aunts and uncles, my grandparents. It is fabulous, and I look forward to it every year.
We have an epic breakfast cook out. All the best breakfast foods you can imagine, with some of your favorite people; homemade rockets shooting off into the air; baseball; sword fighting; How can it get better? 

Well I will tell you: my parents then preceded to have a grand party at their house for just their little family. Barbecue, water slides, grandkids. Sounds like a recipe for good times to me. And let me assure you, it was.

Check out the rocket!


Rocket launch with Grandpa.


 
Sadly, the rocket did not survive.


Have you ever played on a deflated, blow-up water slide? I am not sure which they liked more, sliding down it when it was inflated and wet, or rolling around in it when it was dry and flat.


And to top it off, I gave Tom a mullet. (Word to the wise, NEVER ask you wife to cut your hair during a family party, you might end up like this:)

No comments: