Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pinned!!!

Well, it is official, Tom is now treating the public!
Tonight was the traditional Pinning Ceremony at Western States Chiropractic College.  What is this you asks?  Well, it is basically a right of passage for Tenth Quarter students, that indicates the end of most of their class work, and the beginning of their Clinic work.  Basically one step closer to being a doctor!  

I am so proud of Thomas.  He has been working so hard; he spent 9 months with a cadaver; stayed countless nights at the library until it is closed; pulled more all nighters then I can count;  I have lost track of how many days Tom has woken up at 4:00 am to make sure he has really learned he material; and he has taken something like 160 tests in the past 3.5 years.  

Congratulations Sweetheart!!!  
Keep up the GOOD WORK!  You are almost done!!! 
Just 9 more months are you will be a Chiropractor!!!!

Look at all the Interns getting Pinned!  
(They are the ones in white.)  Congratulations Guys!

Tom with his Supervising Clinician.

Tom fashioning his new PIN on his lapel.  
Isn't he HOT!?!?!?!?


The interns decided to give their families a Standing Ovation for all their support.

Tom has saved a pencil from every test he has taken since he has been at Western States.  Here is a picture of his collection thus far.  Keep in mind, he still has 9 months of school.  I just did a quick count, and there is approximately 160 pencils the bundle.

11 comments:

MOANA said...

Great work Tommy we are so very proud of you and extremely excited for you as well. Love the pencils, great idea you will need to turn it into some really cool art that you can display on your wall with your official degree in your practice. Proof your legit to all your patients. Much love and happiness for you!! Moana

Rebecca said...

Way to go Thomas!

Sarah said...

Congrats Tom!

Jonas and Devin said...

Awesome Tom!! I work at a new chiropractic office in Logan and love it. Me and Jonas get adjusted a few times a week by my boss. Where are you going when you graduate? We will be hiring a new doctor within the next year probably...enjoy the countdown of your schooling!!

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Yay Tom! And I agree with Moana...you should definitely turn those pencils into a work of art.

Charis said...

I like the idea, I am going to have craig start saving his pencils. . . maybe we will use them to build us a house when he graduates :)

Michelle W. Nate said...

You are awesome Thomas! Way to go! By the way...I love the pencil idea!

Jessica said...

woot woot. congrats man. i dont envy the tests but that you are getting it done is awsome. keep it up cous
jake

Joanna said...

Wow Tommy! I am so proud of you! You are such an amazing guy! Look at all this hard work you have done! Wish I could be there to see you doing all this hard work and learning and growing like never before. And what a beautiful, amazing wife to cheer you on and be your cheerleader for a change! Love you tons!

Kate said...

Love the pencils! All those tests make me glad I get to stay home and be a mom! :D

Unknown said...

Love your pencil collection! Congratulations on earning your doctor pin. We know you worked hard for it.