Monday, April 20, 2009

Big Dreams, and Silly Pass Times


Here is my confession.  I have the silliest obsession, and I am sure it is not healthy.  Awhile ago, I cam across a House Plan website, and I have been hooked ever since.  I have developed a new past time of looking for my Dream Home.  I guess that it is not a new past time; ever since I was a little girl I have loved looking at floor plans.  I don't know why, but I can just get lost staring at house designs, trying to envision what they will look like built.  I enjoy this so much, that sometimes I think that I went into the wrong field; I should have studied architectural design instead of Health and Wellness, especially since I spend more time with house plans and real estate (ie apartments) then I do with work out plans and diets.

There are actually quit a few house plan websites.  Some of them are really cool, you can do an "Advanced Search" and list everything you want in a house, and it will filter through thousands of blueprints, and show you all the plans that meet your criteria.  I have a binder full of floor plans I like, and pictures of design elements I want in my house when I grow up.  Awesome, right?  Well, I think it is.

In fact, I have found my dream house.  You can click here to see all of its details.  One day, when we are rich, and can afford things, and Tom has a successful practice, and we have paid off his student loans, and we have saved up a lot of money, we just might build this house.  I guess we will have to see.

8 comments:

Nicole W. said...

THAT IS SO FUNNY! I thought I was strange all this time b/c I also LOVE looking at house plans...I cannot come across one without stopping and checking it all out, furnishing it in my mind. I can't WAIT to buy a house!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

I love it!!!!! Wowyour little one is so cute. We really need to get together. I need to give your clothes back.

Toshia said...

Ummm, I love how you said "when I grow up"...when are you planning on doing that? ;)

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

sounds like a lot of fun! someday we will all be in our dream house...:) p.s. I am way jealous of the boating!!!

Linds said...

I'm the same. I LOVE looking at floor plans and imagining what I could do with that house. Someday, right?

Daya said...

I love floor plans too!! I actually bought graph paper when I was 14 and drew out floor plans. I still come acros them every now and then. I also love to walk through houses. You are not alone!!! I love the dream house by the way!! It's gorgeous

Haley and Jon said...

I can't wait for that day either.

I get my hair cut at Brilliance Salon in Gresham. I have Alisha cut it. She does an amazing job. I recommend her.

Charis said...

Don't worry. . . Your dear sister has a file folder in the filing cabinent of "charis's Dreams" it has not only floor plans that I like, but colors and furniture for rooms, pictures ripped out of magazines of ideas i like. . . floor plans I have designed, landscapes. and you will have to call and talk to me about my most recent addition, can't explain it on a comment.

ps the word verification for this comment is cariz that is pretty stinking close to my name!!! crazy