Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pancakes Anyone?

Today, I joined 2 Million fellow Americans, and stood in line for a FREE Grand Slam Breakfast from Denny's Restaurant.  I met a couple of friends at the local Denny's at 11:30.  Oh Boy, was that a joke.  There was a line that literally wrapped around the building.  I had heard on the radio that they were getting people in and out of there with in 30-40 minutes.  I asked some one at the front of the line how ling he had been waiting, and he said it had only been 25 minutes, so we decided to wait it out...for a while.

We stood in line for 20 or so minutes (luckily it was a beautiful day), and decided that we weren't getting free pancakes anytime soon.  Our time was worth more then free food.  So we decided to go to 
our place and make pancakes and eggs instead.  It turned out pretty fun!  And they probably tasted just as good.

No comments: