Saturday, February 7, 2009

My little Dare Devil

Owen has taken up a new hobby in climbing.  Yes, I have a climber.  It is his new favorite game to see how high he can get. Usually he climbs up on the back of the coach or up onto the ottoman, which is quite the accomplishment for a guy with such short legs.  I thought that his climbing was fairly harmless, until now.  Here I am, sitting in my office, working on the computer, when all of the sudden I hear Owen laughing.  I thought that he was playing with some toys on the floor.  I look over to see what he is up to, only to see that is really UP.  Some how he had managed to open my office closet door, and climb up the closet.  There he stood, pulling office supplies down to the ground.  He was really quite proud of him self (as you can tell in the picture).  When I went to grab him, he just grinned at me, as if to say, "Aren't I a cleaver boy!"
I am sure this is not nearly as exciting to any one else, but Owen has taken his first real steps!!!  He is getting really good at waking from Tom to me, and back to Tom.  I tried to get him to walk to me from the couch the other day, and he chickened out, and got down and crawled.  But he is almost there.  

3 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

That is pretty high up there! Way to go little guy! Maybe we should take bets to see how many times your little daredevil ends up in the emergency room by the time he is 18.

MOANA said...

Bill and I are laughing so hard either its in the blood or its cause our kids are/were worn. Liam could put a mountain goat to shame with his skills! He would freak out other people when he would spontaneously start climbing up things. He totally did all this before he could walk as well, I bet Owen will have walking down in no time. You watch, he will most likely have amazing balance as well. Liam hardly had any spills, Bill and I were amazed at his sense of balance. Love you guys lots and lots. Moana

Linds said...

What a little monkey. And it is WAY exciting that he is taking his first steps.