Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What in the.......?!?!?!?


On Wednesday afternoons Tom works at the School's Chiropractic Clinic in Downtown Portland.  The clinic does not close until 7:00. Which means that after finishing up paper work, hoping on the train, and then carpooling from the train station, Tom does not get home until close to 8:00 pm on Wednesday nights.  And Owen and I are more than ready for him to be home by that time of night.

Well today, on the way home from clinic, Tom calls and tells me that he "has to go get something" from our friend's Jeff and Amy's house before he comes home, and that he would need me to pick him up in about 30 minutes.  It sounded a little suspicious, but I figured that Mother's Day is on Sunday, and maybe he had something up his sleeve; so I did not ask questions, and dutifully went to pick him up at the time he asked.  

When I got over to Jeff and Amy's place, Tom and Jeff were nowhere to be found.  So I asked Amy where they were, and she just smirks and says, "Oh, they are in the garage.  They will be out in a minute."  So, of course I ask what they are up too, and She says, "Oh you will see!"  

By this time, my head is swimming trying to figure out what kind of surprise Tom has for my, and why he has been keeping it in the Jensen's garage.  Well, would you like to see?  

SCROLL DOWN.........


















Yes, that is right, HE BUZZED HIS HAIR.  There I am sitting in the living room, anticipating some great big surprise, and Tom walks in with next to NO HAIR.  Well, I guess I was definitely surprised, just not the way I was expecting to be.  And of course the first thing he says is, "What do you think?"  

What do I think?!?!? I think I like his head full of hair.  I think I would have liked to have been consulted before take away all my husband's hair.  I think it makes him look WAAYYYYY different.  I think he has a nice shaped head (which I could never see before).  And I think that I am glad that balding is NOT a trait that runs in his family.  Hallelujah!!!

Well, I guess I gotta look on the bright side; what is done is done.  It will grow back in a few weeks, so it would be silly to get mad about it.  But until it grows back, I have all rights to tease him.

Here's one more look at his new due (ok it is a couple more pictures):


9 comments:

WILLFULL said...

Wow how cute! Tommy has an interesting head shape. Just think of all the shampoo and haircutting expenses that Tom has saved your family. In these tough economic times Tom sacrifices his good looks for the greater good of the family. Go Tom. Good luck Rosie

Lynell Rogers said...

(At least he didn't shave it off like my hubby did/does!!! LOL) Tom does look totally different (older, maybe?) - it doesn't look bad at all, but I think I like him his regular hair better.
Personally, I was happy that John didn't have to get a haircut 2x a month and buy manly hair products/shampoo anymore, thats definitely one plus to having a husband with very short hair or a shaved head! :)

Charis said...

I let craig do what ever he wants to his hair, because it grows so quick it doesn't matter if I really like it or not, and it always starts to grow on me. . . besides buzzes are fun to rub!

Charis said...

ps boys are silly

Jeff and Amy said...

Ha ha! But it makes me kind of sad that you were possibly hoping for some kind of Mother's Day surprise and it ends up being that he buzzed his hair - which he knew you wouldn't like. Well, you know that now he needs to make up for it with something totally awesome for Mother's Day!

Daya said...

At least his head is a nice shape. I think it would have been a nice thing for you (sort of a neener neener) if he did have a funky shaped head though. ;o)

Kate said...

I like his long hair better, but it still looks good. I tried (without success) cutting Mike's hair once and we didn't have a choice but to shave his head...his Mom told him he looked like a cancer patient, and we even had people in the ward come visit us because they had overheard he had leukemia...so, at least it was by choice, not some mistake on someone's part, and his head IS nicely shaped so it doesn't look weird.

Linds said...

Oh dear! I'm sorry. It will grow out.

Melissa said...

I guess he wanted a military haircut like his brother---but his brother is getting a bit bald. Lonny thinks his hair is too long if he has to comb it at all! What is the real reason behind the buzz cut?