Monday, May 11, 2009

Our Newest Toy!


For Christmas each year, my parents give their married kids a certain amount a money with the instruction to buy something their family wants/needs.  Then on Christmas, we bring it wrapped up, to my parents house so that they can open what they got for us.  Kinda silly, but it has turned into a really fun tradition.  The Christmas before Owen was born Tom and I decided that we needed a camera so that we could capture every moment of our new baby's life.  

Well, we have fallen in love with taking pictures (of more then just Owen).  Both Tom and I have really grown to enjoy photography.  A couple of months ago, I mentioned to Tom that I would ONE day like to have an SLR camera.  He actually remembered this; and well, his idea of ONE day was much sooner then mine.  Little did I know, but Tom has been saving up a little bit for the past couple of months to get me an SLR camera for Mother's Day!  How cool is he?  Yes, I know, he is the coolest.  

So, now we have entered a whole new world of photography, and I can hardly wait to learn how to use my new toy!!!!

5 comments:

Tina said...

oinvu, I want one of those sooo bad!! That is so cool, tell him to rub some of that sweetness off to my man! I got a blueberry pancake for Mothers day! `

Jessica said...

I'm so jealeous. Have fun and I expect to see many blogs

Rebecca said...

A camera is much better than the shaved head you thought Tom got you!

MOANA said...

Very cool I was wondering which camera you went with. I am super excited for you. I think our husbands are the best Mothers Day gift givers, Bill suprised me big time with a Bosch Universal Mixer! Seriously I wasnt expecting that one. I cant decide if I should post about it or not. For some reason I feel embarrased that my hubbie spoiled me so much!! Silly I know. I am happy for you and your new camera!! Lots of love, Moana

Linds said...

I am so jealous!!! Have fun!