It has now been one week since I cut Owen's hair, and Tom has yet to notice. However, I have some funny stories involving Owen's hair cut and Thomas.
Friday afternoon (the day after the hair cut), shortly after Tom's last final finished, he called to let me know he was gonig over to have Melica (his hair cutting friend) give him a trim. He wanted me to bring over the Boy, so that he too could get a cut. Here is our conversation:
Me: "I don't think that he needs his hair cut right now."
Tom: "You sure? Isn't it getting pretty long?"
Me: "No, I think that is ok?"
Tom: "Ok, but we are going to Utah for a week, and it will be really long by the end."
Me: "It is ok, really he will be fine.... Have you ready my blog lately?"
Tom: "No, what does you blog have to do with the Boy's hair needing to be cut anyway?"
Even after that, he did not bother taking the time to read my blog.
A couple of days later, we at his parent's house in Utah, and his sister is cuting her son's hair. Tom looks at them, and says, "Hmmm, Rosie, isn't it about time we do that?" His mom then pipes up, "Tom haveyou read your wife's blog lately?"
Still, he did not read it.
Yesturday, Owen was crawling around my parents house, and Tom was playing with him. Tom stops what he is doing looks up and says, "Man, I never noticed before, but Melica did a HORRIBLE job on Owen's hair the last time she cut it. Look how crooked it is in the back."
My sister-in-law and I could not stop laughing. I swear I almost slit my side open. And yet, Tom could not figure out what was so funny about his poor son having such an uneven hair cut.
6 comments:
That is so funny!! I could write anything I wanted about Kirk. He never reads the blog. Did you ever fess up?
That's hilarious!!!!! So he still doesn't know? I wonder if every other time he needs his haircut you did, if Tom would notice... hmm it could save you some money! And, who knows, maybe after a few more tries you'll be a pro!
-Alyssa
Ha ha ha! Seriously, guys can be so oblivious sometimes. But you gotta love them for it!
That is way too funny!!
OH MY GOSH! So funny. I can't believe didn't catch on from all of the "blog" talk. Maybe he is choosing not to know.
I have been scanning over a lot of your past posts and this one had me laughing right out loud. How did he not notice??? Love it!
Oh, and I cut my boys hair while they are watching tv and strapped to a chair...it helps with the squirming and the angle. I'm impressed that it turned out as good as it did considering how slippery kids can be in the tub :D
Post a Comment