Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fun with Bill, Moana, and Liam

Tom's brother Bill and his family came to visit last week.  It was so much fun having them around.  I love it when people come to visit us.  It gives us an excuse to go and appreciate all the cool things here are here in Oregon.

First thing first, my sister-in-law loves the 
Ocean, infact that is what her name, Moana 
means in the Mauri language.  So going to the coast was on the top of our To Do List.  The weather that day was crazy that day, it would be sunny and warm on minute, then hailing the next.  It just so happened to be snowing as we drove through the pass, so I snapped this picture.

When we got to Cannon Beach, the sun was shining, and it was beautiful out, so we headed toward the Ocean.  
Of course Tom and Bill found some kelp, and decided that it would make great whip.  I swear these two will always be little boys stuck in adult bodies. 
 
 




Like I said, the weather 
was crazy that day, and it
 started to down pour on us.  
Which made for  some very cold, sad little boys, and some very awesome pictures.









Here are the boys at the beach.
The day after our adventures to the coast, we decided to things that were more local to Portland.
  We attempted to go to the Japanese Garden's but the boy's fell asleep in the car on the way there.  So I stayed in the car while Bill and Moana went and checked out the gardens.

Later that day we had dinner at Salty's, one of the best seafood restaurants in Portland.  My, my was it tasty, probably the best sea food I have ever had; and it has an amazing view.   It was good, and it was fun, but it was pricy too.  It is definitely a good Special Occasion Spot though.

We also went swimming while they were here. Apparently, Bill and Moana convinced Liam to coming on this trip by 
telling him he could go swimming at the 
 pool Cousin Owen had his birthday party at. 

All-in-all, we had a great time with them, and can't wait from them to come back up to visit!

4 comments:

MOANA said...

We had such a wonderful time with you guys, we love spending time with you! We really miss you but we are glad to know that the trip out to you isnt as long or arduous as we thought it would be. I am sure we will be trekking out there again before to long! We watched Goonies last night and we are already missing you and Oregon. Thanks for posting all these pics and for having us. We had such a great time, love you lots and lots Bill, Moana ,and Liam

Haley and Jon said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun! I love the coast too.

Linds said...

I miss the coast. It's so beautiful! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Kate said...

Oh, that pool looks really fun. Where is it? I bet my boys would love to go there.