Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Life is smoother with 'Thank You's'"

Today was ward conference, so the Stake Primary Presidency taught Sharing Time.  They did the cutest lesson about Mother's, and talked about how much mom's do to serve their families.  At the end they had the kids write Thank You notes to their mom's.  One of the kids asked if they had.  The Stake Primary President simply replied, "No, you don't, but your mom doesn't have to do all the things she does for you either. I think Life is smoother with 'Thank You's.'"  

Holy Cow, I love what she said.  I think I am going to adopt this as my new motto.  Everyone could hear "Thank You" a little more often, and we could all show gratitude a lot more then we do.  My sister-in-law, Sarah, keeps a Gratitude Journal on her blog.  She occasionally will post about something, or someone, she is grateful for.  What a great example.  I think that I am going to start doing this.  

Today, I am grateful for my calling, and all the simple life lessons I learn in Primary. 

5 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I need your address for the craft exchange...email me at galea85@hotmail.com....thank you!

Jeff and Amy said...

What a good point - I wish that I could have heard that lesson - actually, sometimes I really wish that I could hear any lesson at church. But I am grateful for my calling and the opportunity that I have to sing with all the sweet kids.

The Hill Family said...

Thanks for that post. What a good lesson. Hope everything is well with you guys! Miss you!

Linds said...

Today I am grateful for your post. Thank you for sharing that. I need to be more grateful all the time.

Shaun and Lindsey Reynolds said...

I am grateful for your guys' friendship. Now get out here and visit us asap!