Tuesday, December 30, 2008

4 Christmas's

Well, se are now back in Portland, safe and sound.  Utah was great.  It was nice to visit, and it is nice to be back home, and even nicer still that the Holidays are over.  But really Christmas was great.  what was especially unique for us this year is that we got to celebrate it FOUR times.  
Tom's family always does their Christmas on the December 23.  This is the day we get together, go sledding, make cookies, read Luke 2, and open presents.  This year we even threw a baby blessing into the mix.  

Tom and Owen sledding at Mack Park (Smithfield UT)

Owen opening his first Christmas present EVER!  
At Grammy's house in Smithfield.

We spent Christmas day at my parents.  It was fun to be there, but it was pretty low key, because only 2 out of 7 sibling were there.  Wow it was quite. My family did Christmas, after Christmas. My mom decided that she really missed having tons of kids around on Christmas morning, and decided to have a 24 hour party.  Yes, that is right, the night of the 26th, the majority of my siblings showed up to my parents, for 24 hours of Christmas partying. I think my mom envisioned us all staying up to all hours of the night partying, but I think we may have made it to 10:30. The next day, the rest of my sibling (and their families) showed up, and we had our Festivities.

Owen, Grandpa, and Cousin Kendell playing with Grandma's FisherPrice Nativity.
Tom and Owen opening their stocking on Christmas morning.

Because we suddenly flew to Utah, we had to leave ALL of our Christmas in Portland.  So we got celebrate Christmas for the forth time when we got home.  It was sounds like a lot, but actually it ended up being a lot of fun being able to relive the Christmas Spirit so many times in one Season.  It was nice to have so many reasons to reflect on the reason for the Season, and celebrate the birth of our Savior.
Owen on his very first bike.  Santa gave it to him!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your holidays were so great! I absolutely LOVE your top picture. You guys look awesome!

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

Hey guys! great to see how are doing! Love your family picture at the top! so cute! we just started our own blog and wanted you to have the address. It's www.patandnicoletroumbley.blogspot.com
we would love to hear from you! Love, Pat and Nicole

MOANA said...

Your blog looks awesome, I love your family picture! It was awesome to see you guys as well. We hope that we can plan something with you guys so that we can come out and see you hopefully sometime during the summer. I liked reading this post as well, love hearing about your four Christmases. Much love, Moana

Amy K said...

Hi Rosie, I'm one of Tom's friend's from high school, and so glad that I found your blog thru another friend.(Danny Noyes)! I'know blogs are usually the wife thing so I just wanted to say hello and that your little boy is adorable.

Tom, it's great to see what a cute Dad you are! My mom said she runs into your Mom every now and again, but since your family is no longer in Preston, it's hard to keep tabs. Really great see you are so happy and doing so well. We have a blog and if you ever get into checking blogs, send me an email at amykpalmer@yahoo.com to get access to it. Happy New Year!

The Lloyd's said...

Oh my! How are you guys? The last time we saw you was clear back at Linda's cheer thing forever ago! Hope you guys are doing well!

Michelle W. Nate said...

Hi guys. I just found you through Danny's facebook. I am so glad to find out where you are and what you are up to. Last time I saw you was at your wedding. Now you have a beautiful boy. So exciting! Hope all is well. I have a blog too so if you'd like to view it you'll have to give me your email address so I can give you permission. I know, I know, private is a pain. Hope to talk to you soon. Michelle W. Nate

Michelle W. Nate said...

P.S. I would really like to see Joanna's blog as well, but not sure if she'll let me. So let me give you my email address for the both of you so you can give me yours for my blog. Wooby@plmw.com Please let her know I am thinking of her and would like to say hello.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

He is sooo cute

The Hill Family said...

LOVE the bike! How does he like it! Glad you got to celebrate with your family. LOVE the family picture too...who took it?