Wow, it has been a week of crazy weather. It has been snowing in Portland. Yes actual white fluffy stuff that stays on the ground. From what I hear, it has shut the city completely down. Luckily Tom and I made it out just before the big storm hit. Our plan was to drive to Utah, last Friday. Due to the snow flurries Tom's school was canceled on Thursday, so we thought we would try and leave a that afternoon. During our rush to pack and get out the door early, one of our friend who works for an air line called. WE got to chatting, and she said that se had some buddy pass that we could use to fly home with. 2 1/2 hours later we were on a flight to Utah. Wow was that a crazy day. Boy were we lucky, I know a couple of our friends did end up driving, and it took them two days to get to Salt Lake (it should only take 12 hours), and other friends who tried to fly out of Portland a couple of days lated are stuck. I guess all planes leaving Portland were grounded, and no one can get out until Christmas morning.
So Thanks a million Cody and Tennille, you were a total life savor.
5 comments:
I'm so glad you made it here safely. It was a close call for us too. We packed up in three hours and drove all night to beat the storm. We're excited to see you and squeeze your little man.
Hey, we're just glad you updated so we don't have to read about white cloud diapers anymore... J/K.
I'm glad you made it back, have a great christmas. See ya back in PDX
My friend just flew to Portland to visit her parents for Christmas! She said she had to take the Trax system because her parents were on the road for 4 hours trying to pick her up and were no where close to the airport! Glad you got out!
Yes thank you Cody and Tennille. I didn't want my friends risking their lives and driving in the mess that is stupid snow in Oregon!
Well I am glad everything worked out for you guys. Hope you had wonderful christmas!
Glad you got to go home...what great friends!
Post a Comment