For the past couple of weeks Talmage has been making leaps and bounds in communication. His signing vocabulary has increased, and he has been pointing and jabbering quite a bit lately, which has made it significantly easier to figure out what he wants or needs.
Today, my neighbor and her son brought over a little Valentine treat. Laura and I stood at my front door chatting and the boys ran out to play. After a couple of minutes Owen and Sam decided to come in to play because it was so cold. I picked up Tal, invited Laura in, and shut the door. Talmage immediately started to point toward the kitchen sink, or counter, or window. I offered him so food that was on the counter, but that is not what he wanted. I could not figure it out. After a few minutes, poor Talmage was crying inconsolably. Then he started pointing at the coat hooks, and said, "ACKET!"
"Oh," I said, "you want to were your jacket? Do you want to play outside?" Then Talmage nodded his head and smiled.
I kid you not. You can ask Laura, she also witness it. I don't know if it is unusual for kids use words at 14 months, but he did. I guess it is not that crazy of a thought; he has a huge signing vocabulary, why can't he start building his vocal vocab?
2 comments:
Wow that's a big first word! Way to go Talmage:)
That is cool. Your boys are just growing up too fast!
Post a Comment