Saturday, January 22, 2011

Impromptu trip to Hardware Ranch

A couple of months ago, my sister became an Usborne Books rep. I decided to host a Book party for her yesterday. As a big surprise to me, she brought my parents with her. And I am glad she did, not only because I love my parents, but because I made a bunch of food for this party, and only one person showed up.

Seeing as the party was a bit of a bust, we desided to make the trip to Cache Valley worth wild, and went up to Hardware Ranch, which is a wild life conservation center, just up the canyon from my house. In the winter time, elk tend gather there, and you can go our for sleigh ride to see the elk. I was a little girl the last time my family had been there, so my Daddio was pretty excited to go back.

It was really cool up there. The kids loved seeing all the elk up close and personal. I thought the
sleigh ride was great.

Here we are in front of a big stuffed elk.
Lucy and Grandpa are getting a good look at the big dead elk.
Here is Grandpa and Owen, learning what different animal tracks look like.

Kendell really likes Elk legs.

Here we are on the Sliegh.And my Mom and Pop (You gotta love the cheese).

Look how close we got to the elk.

Heres some pictures of the elk.

2 comments:

Charis said...

Those are great pictures! I am so glad you posted them so I can show craig the fun we had. The trip up there would have been worth it just visiting with you...but you gotta love the picture if lucy, grandpa and the dead elk...he is trying to get her to pet it (which I am pretty sure was against the rules) and she would have nothing to do with touching it...her face in that picture says it all...and kendell with that leg.....

Elyse and Steve said...

Looks like fun!