Sunday, August 30, 2009

Owen's Big FISH Tale


Last Night, Owen went on his very first Fishing Trip, and HE CAUGHT SOMETHING!!!
Fishing has always been a favorite pass time for my family when I was growing up.  My Daddio absolutely LOVES to fish, and I believe that it was one of his prime objectives of life to teach his children to love to fish as much as he does.  Some of my earliest memories are of being out at a lake some where fishing with my family.  So, of course, I too love to fish.  

Last year, Tom a couple of his buddies picked up fishing as their new past time (or sanity saver from school).  With some advice from my dad, I got Tom a bunch of fishing gear for his Birthday;  which has been a very well used gift.  


Owen quite often sees his Daddy leave with all of his fishing stuff, and wants to go too.  He loves to get into Tom's tackle box and rearrange it; and his favorite thing to play with is Daddy's fishing rod.  Tom keeps it hung up in a closet, but some how Owen always manages to get it down and runs around the house trying to catch things with his pole.

Well last night, Owen actually caught something.  Tom came home from the store the other day with a "Lightning McQueen" Kiddy Pole, and announced that we were going fishing Saturday Night.  So Last night we went up to this little fishing hole, by the Clackamas River, called 
Small Fry Lake.  It is so small the we drove past it three times before we actually found it. It was A LOT of fun.  It was the first time that our little family had ever been fishing together, and I can't wait to go again.

4 comments:

Trevor and Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charis said...

too fun! I am jealous! Way cute pictures, and I love that you drove past the lake three times before you found it!

Daddio took my cute son fishing and he caught three fish. . . I was out of town and never even got to taste the hard work of my son's first fish! no pictures either. oh well

Charis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linds said...

So much fun. I love the look on Owen's face in the picture with the fish. Priceless!