The first funny story took place at the play
ground at Washington Park. It is a really cool play ground, with all sorts of slides and bridges, and it is wheel chair accessible. Anyway, one of the slides is an incredibly tight spiral slide. It is so tight, that I think anyone much older then ten would get stuck on it. My 20-month-old niece really wanted to go down this slide, but she was too scared to go down alone, so my sister decided to go down with her, and about halfway down she gets stuck. Once she got off the slide, some snotty kid commented on how long he had to wait to go down the slide. Without missing a beat Chairs turns to him and simply says, "I am sorry, but that that is what happens when FAT people go down slides." The kid was shocked, and I swear Craig and I wear about to wet our pants, we were laughing so hard.
Now you have got to understand, my sister is a far cry from being fat, in fact she has been loosing weight. But holy cow, what she said was so stinking funny.
The next funny story happened later that night while we
were out to dinner. We went to this fun little burger join in Sandy Oregon, called Calamity Jane's. The burgers are really good, and the patties range in size from 1/3 lbs to 1 lbs. Well, the waitress took each order, with out specifying what size patty, then she gets to Tom and she offers either 1/2 lbs, or 2/3 lbs, or 3/4 lbs (notice she did not offer the smallest size). As the waitress was walking away, Tom says to us, "Should I be offended.... Hey FATTY, want bigger PATTY?" Holy cow, I don't think any of us could stop laughing the entire dinner.
So now you know my funny fat stories. It was great having my sister here. I loved seeing her and cute kids, and Craig too. Owen loved having his cousins around. And we got to go see some more the the Great Northwest, that we probably would not have seen otherwise. SO thanks for coming guys!!!
7 comments:
These stories had us laughing out loud too. We love Calamity Janes too.
ha, ha thanks for sharing glad you had a great time together.
I think it gets funnier and funnier every time I think about it! what a great trip! I loved visiting with you, wish we could have stayed longer!!!!!!! can't wait until you move back so we can have entertaining days more often.
I hope you shared Tom's life jacket story with your sister...ha ha! I could totally picture Tom saying, "Hey Fatty, want a bigger patty" Good stories!
That is hilarious!! I love having company. Good times!!
You guys crack me up - laughed and laughed at the fat jokes.
I think this is the place that you told us about once. We still haven't tried it, so maybe one weekend we can get together and go.
You can always expect something to happen at Calamity Janes. I swear!
Post a Comment