Saturday, February 21, 2009

I can't believe it, I have a ONE-year-old!

Yesterday was Owen's first birthday. 
 I seriously cannot believe how fast this past year has gone, and how much he has grown.  I don't have a little baby anymore, that is for sure.  It is always said that the older you get, the quicker time passes, but I think having kids multiplies that truth by at least 10.  Things seem to be going by a lot quicker now that I have a kid: every moment he is just being super adorable (which is often) seem to fly by; the times that I am trying to take a picture of him doing the funniest things, and then they are gone; his naps (they are WAY too quick); this past year of Tom's school has flown by (hurray).  Even cars seem to be driving fast lately.

Anyway, enough of my emotional rambling, on to more exciting things... OWEN's Birthday!  

One is a BIG deal.  It is the every first birthday.  So we had a couple of friends over for cake and ice cream.  

Look how cute of a cake I made! Click Here for the instructions.

Owen had never had cake, or chocolate, or ice cream, before yesterday, so I wasn't sure how he would respond to them.  I think he liked it though, what do you think? 

Owen sharing cake with his cousin Van.

Some friends at the party.

Tom helping Owen open some presents.  Owen is playing with a microphone he got, which is his new favorite toy.

Now I think those parents whose spend tons of money on their kids first birthday parties are crazy (no offence if you are one of them, but come on folks, the kid is not even going to remember it).  But Owen LOVES to swim, so we decided to take him swimming, and invite some friends to come along.  It was a blast.  

Owen playing in the fountain.

The big water slide.

Tom shows off his mad Cheer skills

Van and his dad, Derik, in the lazy river (which wasn't so lazy).

Here we are having a blast in the water.

14 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

Happy b-day to Owen again! Yeah, we definitely had fun swimming and need to do it again. Good times!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to my cutest nephew!

The Marley Family said...

That was such a fun party. Thanks for the invite! The pictures turned out great. I love the one of Owen at the fountain--totally looks like it's coming from him.

Charis said...

Why is everyone at the party wearing grey!?! oh and i didn't know that owen had a cousin close by. oh and i am super jealous i want to be close by. oh and happy birthday owen, oh and I can't believe you deprived your son of ice cream and cake for a full year. . . ice cream was one of kendell's first foods. . . and kendell is a chocoholic! chocolate is her favorite

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Hey, you were supposed to remind us of Owen's party! That looked like tons of fun...oh well, I guess Tom couldn't have competition in doing QP's with OWEN.

Ha ha! Happy Birthday Owen!

Nicole W. said...

I'm SO sorry we missed it! we wanted to come but I had an appt from 6:30-8pm:(:(:(
Happy Birthday Owen!

Linds said...

Happy happy birthday Owen dear! So cute!I can't believe he's one! That's so crazy. It looks like you had a great party. So fun!!

Sabby said...

Happy birthday Owen! I love the cake pics.

Toshia said...

Happy Birthday little Owen! What a handsome little devil:)

Shaun and Lindsey Reynolds said...

That is so fun!! Seeing all these pictures brings back good ol' memories. And he is getting so big I can't believe it! Well, I can't wait to see you guys again - it better be soon!

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

I can't beleive he is already 1!!! Looks like lots of fun! I love the one of him doing a cupie with Tom :) I tagged you by the way!!

Babe in Boysland said...

Awwww! Happy Birthday Owen!

But let's face it, he doesn't care about his birthday. The real celebration is for you- you survived the first year of your first child's life! HOORAY! Wasn't it exhausting and sweet?

Living Green said...

Happy Birthdy!

Joshua and Joy said...

Happy Birthday Owen!