Monday, January 12, 2009

Definitely Our Boy

When Owen was first born, a lot of people told me that he looked just like Tom. Except for one lady who tried to tell me that he looked just like Matt Damon (honestly, this lady was convinced that Owen was Matt Damon's child, and could not figure out how the press did not know about him). Well, he is Tom's son, and he looks like Tom's son. But it is fun to watch him grow up, and see him develop some of our characteristics.

For example, We all know that Tom was a cheerleader.  Well the other day Owen found a mini Megaphone, and started chanting in it.  He seriously looked just like Tom when he was a cheer leader.  It was so unreal.  He is definitely Tom's boy.

He is also starting to develop some of my traits!  I love OREOS.  They are my happy food. I don't know what it is about that white cream sandwiched between those 2 chocolate crackers that tastes so good. It is just magical.  I have been trying to hold back the supper sweet treats from Owen until he is a little 
older, so he has not yet actually had an
 Oreo, but the other day I was feeding him dinner, and he grabbed the package of Oreos of the table, and held onto it like it was his new favorite toy.  When I took the package away he cried like I was taking way the his favorite thing in the world.  What can I say? He is my boy.  

I don't know, maybe does look a little like Matt Damon.  What do you think?



7 comments:

Cody and Tennille said...

What a cute little man...we are excited to get to know him better! So Cody and I are officially moved in. We drove up today for the THIRD time. Ugh! So, now that we are here for good, we need to hang out. Can you guys come over for dinner on Wednesday? Let me know! I'll make something yummy...possibly something with oreos in it. Mmmmmmmmm

MOANA said...

SUPER cutie boy! He is definetly a mix of both of you, we love baby cousin Owen so much and are so glad that he is apart of our family. Much love, Moana

Joshua and Joy said...

Owen is so cute! By the way, I love the family picture posted at the top. It's great!

The Hill Family said...

So fun; what a great little guy you've got! He is such a little cutie! Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Shaun and Lindsey Reynolds said...

Love the family pic at the top of your blog - super cute! Anyway, your boy is adorable and maybe he and Cassia can be cheerleaders together and he can throw her around? BTW, good to see you at Christmas.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Hey Tom
Chris here. Western states still has not gotten back to me and Iowa said I was excepted if I turn in my 2 page paper. Anways I would like to hear about what you are learning. You should really look into this Nikken wellness stuff, its amazing and goes right along with chiro. Do you have the same number?

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

Wow - I can't beleive how big he is getting and the sute traits from you both that he is picking up! What a doll! He would make a great cheerleader some day - just like his dad!