Tom has taken to trying a bunch of crazy diets lately, such as the Master Cleanse, a diet that consists mainly of lemon aid made from freshly squeezed lemons, maple syrup, and a pinch of cyan pepper. Well, we heard about this diet experiment that the
BBC did call the "Ape Diet." Essentially, they had people eat 5 kilos (11 lbs) of
raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts, for 12 days. On average, people lost 20 lbs, and their cholesterol levels and blood pressure dropped. So of course, Tom decided that he too wanted to try it.
Last week was the week. We started on Tuesday. I measured out 11 lbs of raw food for each of us, and the day began. Boy was it hard to get that much food down, I could only get down 9 of the lbs.
Well, I must say I did see results. After only 4 days, I lost over 8 pounds! So I am glad to report that I have met my initial weight goal of loosing all my baby weight!!!
4 comments:
I bet you've been sitting on the toilet for a while too. Sorry, that's just what I think of when I hear the word cleanse. But good for you on losing the weight!
Crazy! I can't imagine consuming that amount of food. I think I like the sound of the ape diet over the lemonade diet!
Have you got the runs!?!
Rosie, this is Jessica Olsen, i found your blog through the Reynolds, congrats on loosing all your baby weight!! Thats awesome!! What an accomplishment, we did the master cleanse before, we loved it, we really felt great, John lost 17lbs and I lost 7lbs.
www.johnjessandsopha.blogspot.com
Post a Comment